Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Taking back American justice

Hello Reader,

Long have I sat silent while the debacle of Harriet Miers's nomination has continued to divide America, conservative and liberal (http://nytimes.com/2005/10/26/politics/26confirm.html?hp&ex=1130299200&en=ce6e957cc2d6544c&ei=5094&partner=homepage). I had grave misgivings about Ms. Miers's being elected to the greatest court of the land (especially since she was in charge of the selection process) but I stayed quiet, to show my support for President Bush, a great leader (but certainly, I would not dishonor him with fake flattery as a certain Supreme Court of the United States nominee has).

But her petty qualifications have, as I expected, caused many others to doubt her. And now I must speak out, to preserve the dignity of this process and our land's greatest court. So heretoforth I denounce her nomination and announce my own desire to take the spot left absent by Sandra Day O'Connor.

In the next few days I will make the case as to why I - and not this turquoise-dressed charlatan - should be your next Supreme Court of the United States Justice.

(A photograph of Miers:) http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20051005/i/r3421985833.jpg

Sincerely,
Edith Brown Clement

P.S. I am unfamiliar with this "blogging" technology. But with the help of my younger aides, I promise to "get the hang of it" and provide a robust journal shedding light on my thoughts regarding the current Supreme Court of the United States controversy. I certainly think I can do a better effort than the amateurish, undignified "blogging" effort by Miers: http://harrietmiers.blogspot.com

8 Comments:

Blogger ollie said...

Now, now, Ms. Edith. I know you are envious because our Harriet knows how to use eye-liner.

Now I suggest you not be such a sour-grapes spoil-sport and get behind our "Call You're Senator" campaign to get Harriet confirmed.

Who knows; many of the current justices are getting old, and maybe you'll get the next spot!

I know that you are still smarting about that mean Mr. Roberts getting the nomination that everyone was saying was going to be yours.....

Now quit horsin' around and support our Harriet!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Osvaldo said...

Dear Judge (may I say Justice?) Clement:

Madame,

I congratulate you on your first foray, or "venture," into the blogosphere. I hope you will "blog" with just that measured judiciousness, that high seriousness soupconed with deep wit, for which you are known in the gatherings of the wise.

2:47 PM  
Blogger SenatorBarbie said...

Hi Edie!

You need a bloggy photo so everyone can see you looking judgmental (judisious??) Harriet is fun to party with, but I'm willing to keep an "open mind" in case things don't work out for her supreme-wise. So you just might get my "vote."

Laters!
Barbie xoxo

3:03 PM  
Blogger ollie said...

Ms. Clements, I'd watch that Senator Barbie if I were you.

Remember how mean she was to Dr. Rice during her confirmation hearing, all because she told a few, harmelss "white fibs" about EYEraq?


Remember how mean she was to the EPA director Johnson, just 'cause he was nice to some low-income parents by inducing them to test pesticides on there kids and to record it all on their brand-spanking-new video cameras that the EPA paid for?

What a meanie!!!!!!

I'll bet that she gives our beloved Harriet a hard time, and if she does, don't be too happy about it. Your next!!!

7:16 PM  
Blogger Pissed Hippie said...

Learn how to hyperlink, bitch!!!

(I told you I was Pissed!!)

6:06 AM  
Blogger ollie said...

I hope that you are happy now!

You MEANIE. How dare you pick on our poor little Harriet. humpf.

7:00 AM  
Blogger ollie said...

So, what do you think of Alito?

7:14 PM  
Blogger SamuelAlito said...

Edith, your clerks are just not as good as mine.

They taught me how to

a) Hyperlink.

b) Use "Photoship".

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home